Take a look at how I make sweet corn risotto. Video shot from my new iPhone4.
- 4 ears corn cut from the ear. Use raw.
- 7 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and maintain at a simmer. In a large heavy skillet, cook onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add rice and stir to coat well; cook 3 minutes longer. Add wine and cook until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup simmering broth. Cook until broth is almost completely absorbed, stirring frequently, then add another cup of simmering broth. Repeat until only about 1/4 cup of broth remains (discard remaining broth); the process should take about 20 minutes. Rice should be slightly firm in center and look creamy.
- Add sweet corn raw. Remove from the heat; add the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Serve in about 15 minutes.
I’d love your comments.